Fishing Basics – Knot tying – How to tie a knotless knot.
This post is designed to try and demonstrate how to tie a very sturdy and reliable knot which can be used when targeting bigger fish using techniques such as the method feeder or hair rigged baits. I have tried and tested this particular knot and can guarantee, if tied correctly will hold a lump of a fish.
|The knot held this fish with ease.|
1. Take your hook length thread it through the eye of the hook, and tie a small loop (The size of the loop or remaining “tag” end will depend on how long you want the hair to be once complete).
2. Then holding the loop end against the shank (bend) of the hook begin to wrap the loose end of the hook link around the tag end and shank of the hook forming a spring or coil around them both.
3. Wrap the line around the looped end and the shank at least 8 times (There are some old fishing superstitions that say 13 is the lucky number, but that’s up to you)
4. Once you have formed enough coils around the shank of the hook, holding the line tightly against, take the free loose end and pass it back through the eye of the hook and pull tight.
5. There you have it. You should have something that looks like this. A hair rigged knotless knot hook set up.
This following photo was taken while fishing Needless Fisheries near Morley.
thanks for share information on your blog Paul on Coarse Fishing ,marinews.com is also a platform where you can get more information about fishing knot for more information you can visit on http://www.marinews.com/knots/fishing-knots/
Nice post!! Learn how to tie fishing knots. Visit on http://www.marinews.com/knots/fishing-knots/
More Detail :
Marinews.com Pty Ltd, ABN 76 132 533 969, PO Box 767 Narrabeen 2101, NSW Australia
International phone: 61-2-99132288
Fax : 02-99131199